Monday, January 18, 2010

Great Day with my Sis

I love my sister. We always have fun when we hang out together. We both had the day off from our jobs, so we decided to spend most of the day together. We started by working out. I love that we're both active and into a healthy lifestyle. We did an EA Sports Active workout on the Wii so that my sister could get the "Workout Buddy" trophy. (She has to come over to my house sometime so I can get that trophy!) It was a tough workout, too! Lots of lunges and squats. We laughed through almost the whole thing. We weren't really competitive, except that I did race her around the track during the last running exercise.

After our workout, we went to a nearby grocery store to get a nice salad from the salad bar. I love to load up on my favorite fresh veggies: spring mix lettuce, baby spinach, cucumbers, carrots, radishes, and broccoli. I also tried bean sprouts (yum!), and I had some imitation crab meat.

Next, we went shopping. My sister is the best good luck charm when I'm shopping. I always find the best deals when I shop with her! I got a tank top for $1.50 and a hooded jacket for $5! I got a major craving for pizza, but we really wanted to get coffee at Dunkin Donuts, and pizza & coffee didn't sound like a good combination. It took some willpower, but we walked away from the pizza place. We got coffee and split a chocolate glazed donut. YUM!

When I got home, I had to talk myself into doing a 3-mile run. Okay, it wasn't too difficult to talk myself into it. It was in the 40s today! Cloudy, but with occasional breaks of sunshine. My Monday runs are always an "easy" 3 miles. The idea is to keep my muscles limber after my long run. It's hard to take it easy, though! Whenever I do a three mile run, I'm tempted to push myself faster. However, I was feeling a litte sore from yesterday's 7-mile run, so it was pretty easy to keep a slow pace.

I ran for just over 2 miles and then twisted my ankle. I'm not sure what happened, but I stepped down with my left foot, and it just rolled outward, twisting my ankle. The ground wasn't uneven, I just stepped weird. I'm a clumsy person, so it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. After a quick, "Ow!" and hobbling for a few seconds, my ankle felt okay. I was 2/3 of the way through my run, so I just kept going. I don't think I injured myself.

It was hard to stick it out! I always think that a 3-mile run will be easy and quick. It never is! Maybe when I'm done, I think, "That wasn't bad." But while I'm running, it doesn't feel easy! Running is a challenge, but I love it.

I got Chocolate Cheerios! I'm going to try some as a snack this evening, either dry or with almond milk (my new favorite kind of milk). I'll let you know what I think.

My glutes and hip flexors are feeling stiff, so I'm off to take a warm shower.

Have a great day!

No comments: