Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Excuse my absence...

Ack, I haven't blogged in a while!




I was sick with a sinus cold last week. Luckily, it only lasted a few days, and I'm back to normal now. It's good that I got over it quickly, because my birthday is tomorrow! The last time I had a cold was on my birthday two years ago, and I was pretty miserable, so I'm happy to be over it!

So...I'm turning thirty tomorrow. Goodbye twenties! I'm not sad about it, because it's not something that's in my control. I'm just looking toward the future with a positive attitude. I guess I'm no spring chicken anymore, but I'm in the best shape of my life right now! I'm training for my first half marathon!



Speaking of training, I had to take about two weeks off because of shin splints. I finally feel like I'm really ready to get back out there and train again, so I'm planning on running tomorrow. I might try a special challenge tomorrow, just for my birthday. Tune in tomorrow to see what the challenge is...



In other news, I started reading the Beck Diet for Life. There are a bunch of bloggers reading and following this book right now, and it sounded like something that I'd like to try. I did the first experiment yesterday, where I ate a hearty breakfast and then waited until I got actual physical hunger pangs before eating lunch. Well, I didn't end up eating lunch until almost 2:00 pm! And you know what? I didn't really mind waiting that long. It was actually kind of boring. I felt like I was sitting around, waiting to feel hungry. But I learned a lesson in really paying attention to what I'm actually feeling. At one point, I wanted to eat because my cubicle neighbor was eating a taco salad that smelled really good. But I recognized that I only wanted to eat because I smelled food. I wasn't actually hungry.



So far, I really like the advice in the book!



I'll leave you with a picture of my sis and I at our birthday party last Sunday. The best thing about being a twin is having someone to share my life experiences with!




No comments: