Friday, September 18, 2009

The case of the missing lunch

About a year ago, my lunch was stolen from the refrigerator at work. I brought leftover mushroom garlic pork chops (this was before I became a vegetarian, obviously), and when I went to heat it up for lunch, it was gone! First I thought that perhaps I accidentally left the container in my car instead of bringing it in to work, so I checked there. Nope. Then I thought that maybe I left the container at home. Nope, it wasn't at home either. Someone stole my lunch! I sent an e-mail to everyone in my building, asking them to at least return the tupperware container. I never got the container back, though. Since then, I always write my name on my lunch container, even though I don't know how that would stop someone from stealing it...luckily, I haven't had anything else stolen.

Yesterday, one of my coworkers discovered that someone had stolen her food from the freezer. She had a frozen pizza and some chicken that she was going to give to her son, but someone else took it. It wasn't labeled, but it was in a plastic grocery bag.

Who would steal someone else's frozen food? For that matter, who would steal someone's leftovers? I could see if it was a yogurt, or an un-labeled piece of fruit. Perhaps someone could mistake it as their own. But you can't mistake a frozen pizza and chicken, or leftover pork chops!

For those of you who work in offices, have you ever had food stolen from the fridge?

Check out this contest from Prior Fat Girl! She's giving away some of her favorite things!

No comments: